Fresenius Research Grant
STA Fresenius Research Grant
2016 Fresenius Award Winner:
Richard Epstein, MD
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
2015 Fresenius Award Winner:
Christian Leth Petersen, PhD, MSc
British Columbia Children's Hospital
2014 Fresenius Award Winners:
Michael P. Hutchens, MD, MA
Oregon Health & Science University
and Christophe Philippona, B. Eng
Grant recipients will be selected by a committee of STA members, based on written applications for submitted research proposals. The recipient of the STA Fresenius Grant, and/or the institution sponsoring the research, is responsible for all decisions regarding the identification of research needs, determination of objectives, selection and presentation of content, selection of all persons and organizations that will be in a position to control the research, selection of research methods, and the evaluation of the activity.
Grant recipients are expected to present the results of their research at the STA Annual Meeting within two years following receipt of the grant. STA will provide the the grant recipient complimentary meeting registration and a reimbursement of up to $1,000 USD for travel expenses to the STA meeting.
The grantee agrees to:
- Carry out the project as described in the application
- Remain at the department of anesthesiology at the institution sponsoring the application until completion of the project
- Maintain continuous IRB approval of the project before funds are released, and for the duration of the project
- Include STA funding verbiage (to be provided to grantee) in any and all publications resulting from research that has utilized STA research award funds
- Provide STA with copies of all published materials including abstracts, papers and other publications that result from this award project
The 2016 Fresenius Research Grant recipient will be announced in October 2015.