STA 2017 Annual Meeting:
Technology Advancing Perioperative Outcomes
January 11-14, 2017
17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Hilton San Diego Bayfront
San Diego, California
The Society for Technology in Anesthesia (STA) 2017 Annual Meeting will provide a forum for discussion for discussion of the future of anesthesiology and innovation in perioperative care through application of bioinformatics and analysis of Big Data within perioperative medicine, advances in outcome measurement and tracking, novel approaches to education and advances in medical devices.
This live activity is designated for a national and international audience of physicians, engineers and industry members, as well as other practitioners in the field of anesthesia seeking an update on the current and future state of anesthesia technology.
As a result of participation in this CME activity, learners should be able to:
- Describe how anesthesiologists can transition between clinical care, entrepreneurial work and medical staff leadership
- Understand multiple approaches to large scale database research and the statistical challenges within each
- Review recent findings with obstetric and pain management derived from database analyses
- Discuss the current state of outcome measurement and tracking in the anesthesia community
- Describe systematic processes to resolve data definitions at a national clinical registry
- Explore perioperative technology that is on the horizon and its potential impact on outcomes and finances
- Describe novel approaches to education within perioperative medicine that leverage information technology
- Review novel medical devices under development for respiratory monitoring and training in airway management
- Translating advances with cutting-edge technology and novel insights from scientific evidence into change in routine clinical practice
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Amedco and the Society for Technology in Anesthesia (STA). Amedco is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement:
Abstracts and Engineering Challenge:
Dr. Rice received his MD degree from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and is Professor of Anesthesiology, Division Chief for Multispecialty Anesthesia, and Associate Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs at Vanderbuilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. His academic interests include the accuracy, interferences, and statistical analysis of point-of-care (POC) blood measurement devices. He has published numerous research articles, reviews, and editorials regarding the use and statistical analysis of various glucose and hemoglobin POC devices. Dr. Rice holds nine US patents. He has founded two start-ups, including a pharmaceutical distribution business that was sold to a major investment group and a glucose measurement start-up that raised more than $25 million from four of the leading medical device venture capital firms. Dr. Rice also consults for Roche Diabetes Care. He has spoken to a joint FDA/CMS/Joint Commission meeting regarding recent regulatory changes of glucose meters. He is very interested in resident education and has received the annual resident's teaching award four times at three different institutions. Dr. Rice serves on the American Board of Anesthesiology's MOCA Minute Committee editorial board.
- STA Member Registration: $475 (by 11/15), $500 (by 12/14), $575 (after 12/15)
- Non-Member Registration: $575 (by 11/15), $600 (by 12/14), $675 (after 12/15)
*Non-Member fee includes 1 year of membership to qualifying physicians.
- Resident Registration: $50 (fee does not increase)
*You MUST be current on your membership for 2017 to receive the member discount.
Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA
Room Rate: $259/night
Reservation Deadline: December 19, 2016